Sunday, August 9, 2009

Seeing Red







When I thought of choosing a color, my first thought was the stunning windows of the Valentino boutique on Boston's fabulous Newbury Street. Red is such a powerful color that is used is so many ways. The red stop signs that beg us to "stop," the red "Sale" signs that lure us into to inspect the promise of deep discounts. Red is a fresh apple or a flushed face, a sultry hot lipstick, or a boiled lobster waiting to be dipped in melted butter.

I had a blast taking these photos and I look forward to your comments.

3 comments:

  1. I love the contrast of the new red against the old red in the first photograph. I think I might have pulled back a little in the frame for the shovel handle (?) picture so it wasn't dead center in the photograph. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the barn, and more importantly the Valentino?
    Love the boat picture. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boat shots are great! One the meters it would have been a little more intersting if the one up front was in focus and the one behind it was a little out of focus for depth of field.

    ReplyDelete